관련뉴스
전문가들이 제공하는 다양한 정보

Many Of The Most Exciting Things Happening With Audi G28

작성자 작성자 Leland · 작성일 작성일24-09-20 20:22 · 조회수 조회수 3

페이지 정보

본문

How to Replace an audi keyfob G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video, Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. This sensor is located on the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via the grey wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer within the instrument cluster.

Land-Rover.png1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends an electrical signal to ECU pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU uses this information to regulate the amount of fuel and boost. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to link the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can start spark and injectors accordingly.

If this sensor fails the ECU will display an error code P00160 which indicates that the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are not in sync, possibly indicating the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper chain of timing. The code won't appear without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing is a bit tricky since there are two connector pins and they serve different purposes but the best way to test it is to measure the resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is fully functional, it should read approximately 1000 ohms. Examine for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you are experiencing problems with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when accelerating from highway paytoll at a high speed, i noticed a huge drop in power. It was like the engine had run out of gas. Or my injectors weren't firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs. Three were drenched with gazoline the 4th one was dry. I placed a tissue over each injector hole, and when I turn the engine on without sparks, the three with gazoline jump out. The fourth one remains closed. I tested the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55/30/55/48/55/14/55/48/ I get zero ohm. I assume that the problem is elsewhere.

I also tried to reset PID but without success. The car can start if the G28 is not plugged in and it runs perfectly when it is plugged in, but still has the intermittent misfire issue at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for coolant (G62) shows the wrong temp value -49c even when i unplug it. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit is showing 2 bar while the actual pressure is 0.0 when i rev the engine.

I don't know what to do. I think I've all other possibilities out. However, i'm afraid that I may have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please share them! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives signals from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sender is the same as the G4 and they both work in the 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 cars which is why you can easily locate one at a junkyard or at a parts store. It is simple to test them - just put your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector's end facing upwards). They should be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU in our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines requires to be aware of the position and speed of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about fuel injector timing, etc. To do this, it makes use of a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you encounter a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will display the codes that could trigger the engine shutting down.

Some of the signs of a malfunctioning G28 sensor include an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox and gears that shift faster than normal and/or misfiring when you are in gear. It is likely that the sensor is failing and requires to be replaced if you notice any of these symptoms. The good news is that they are quite affordable and easy to find particularly when you're looking at a Bosch sensor, which is what we have. Alternately, the GM version of this unit is also a good choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be a cause for numerous problems in your vehicle. It is an important part of the transmission in your audi car key replacement cost, as it transmits information to the ECU regarding how fast or slowly the car's engine is spinning. When this sensor fails, it can affect the performance of the transmission as well as the other car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located at the outside of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear and sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU then uses and processes the signal to control fuel, timig and boost and then sends it on to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can test the sensor for any failure by checking the continuity between it and the tachometer. You can also check continuity between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection via pin T6a/1 (trace [79trace [79]) and between T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should observe around 1000 ohms of resistance between those two pins. This part is common across the replacement audi a4 key new audi key key cost uk - cyraxx.wiki said in a blog post - 80-100-200-RS2 range, from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 DU So, you may find some good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.